1.
Grocery store refurbished
Can't find a thing
Excitement!

2.
After rain, a blackbird
More leaves open

3.
Bought spring green candles
Sky threatens rain again

4.
New mattress arrived
by Kosovo-Albanian messengers
Thrilling to hear their guttural chat
I try to guess at the conversation:
- No, turn it! Bit further.
- Leatherman for the polythene please.
- Will she tip us? - Nah, she's too poor.
- One-room flats are the pits.

5.
Red wine in a beer glass. Who's to know?

6.
Spicy aroma in Grandma's little copper bucket
Nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom after all these years

7.
I open Boston Legal Box 4. Guilty pleasure.

8.
Cashew nuts are fattening
that's what I like about them
Having worked my way up
to this clothes size
I can't afford to diet.

9.
People I am not but
wish I were during NaPo:
Jane Hirshfield

10.
Aubergine and moss green
My fashionable arm-chair

11.
A full- length mirror
is not needed here

12.
A full-length mirror
is not wanted here

13.
A full-length mirror
takes attention away
from the important part

14.
Grandma's empire mirror
faces the window: shows me the world outside
Lady of Shalott style

15.
Two seascapes lean against the bookcase
I still can't use a Black&Decker drill

16.
Airports are more fun than the destinations on the board

17.
Meandering Thames, go on it and see the Gherkin
Big Ben, London Eye, St Paul's, Battersea Power Station
from both sides.

18.
Three soft toys: a frog, Garfield and two fat ladybirds
holding a heart.

19.
Mobile phones should be uninvented
or at least the ringtones

20.
Threads, every colour, so many bobbins
in the sewing-box
but no sewing to speak of

21.
I remember my mother singing out of tune
She enjoyed it more than Callas did


22.
I need eight ways of looking at an iPad
My iPad in a red leather case

23.
Open it: A screen to see the world on

24.
Tap and swipe: A way of reading: eBooks, you can virtually turn the pages

25.
Tap: A way to speak: iPad tapping

26.
Tap: A way to get your mail

27.
Tap: A way to listen to music and see the singer

28.
Tap: A way to type your poems

29.
Tap: A way to make tapping sounds

30.
Tap: I work faster with pen and paper probably
Too late for that now.

------

Sorella